Kügelgenhaus Museum of Dresden Romanticism
In the Inner Neustadt one finds the late 17th century house Gottessegen, also known as Kügelgenhaus.
Painter of portraits and historical scenes Gerhard von Kügelgen (17721820) moved into the second story with his family in late summer of 1808. Since 1981 the Kügelgenhaus has housed the Museum of Dresden Romanticism. In nine thematically arranged rooms, a meaningful epoch of Dresden cultural and intellectual history of the 18th and 19th centuries comes to life again. The social circle of Lord Councilor for the Consistory Christian Gottfried Körner as well as the von Kügelgen family and its guests are pictured to represent social life at around 1800.
Kügelgenhaus Museum der Dresdner Romantik
Director: Michaela Hausding
Phone/ Fax: +49 (0) 351.804 47 60
Opening hours / entrance fees
Wed Sun: 10 a.m. 6 p.m.
4 Euro / reduced 3 Euro
Tram lines 4, 8 and 9
(Stop Neustädter Markt)
Tram lines 3, 6, 7, 8 and 11
Bus lines 261, 305, 326, 328